Wednesday 23 March 2011

Da Squad - Part IV

Alright, this will be real quick.  I have already presented the new players and amongst the strikers, there are a lot of new faces.  Marcus Astvald is really the only striker still around, as Staaf and Leonidsson are pretty far away from the starting line-up.

So.

Right winger:
First choice: Astvald.  Back in the Under 21 national team.  Astvald is continuity, he is a local and I he is in match shape.  For sure he should be a starter, at least in the beginning of the season.  I would like to see Astvald get into the box more often this season, and I would like his crosses into the box to be a tad lower.  He found Larsen with his crosses quite often but failed to find Paulinho.  Now there is a new and more movable target.

Second (actually third) choice: I will deal with Rama and Lushtaku to the left.  Although Two out of the trio Astvald/Rama/Lushtaku should normally play (Rama being the most flexible as to ability to play left and right) I will go for Ahmed Yasin here.

Centre forward:
Easy here.  First choice is Haddad, Atashkadeh looks really interesting though and I think we would play Rama here before Staaf would get a real chance.

Left forward:
So here it is all new.  Rama is the first choice but it will take time before he has 90 minutes in his legs.  Lushtaku may find himself on the bench but as I see it he will feature in every game if he is fit (6-10 Boström has a tendency to substitute his wingers).  Ibrahim I questioned earlier but the more I see of his feet, the more I like him.  Leonidsson is far from the line-up as it looks now.

That's it.  Only thing I need to do before the res-season is wrapped up is to predict Allsvenskan 2011.  I am more or less done but the outcome is so mind-boggling I will sit on my prediction for another while yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment