Wednesday 16 March 2011

Da Squad - Part I

After rambling for a bit too long about the new and the old, let me spend some time presenting the entire ÖSK squad.

I will first list the 25 players I think should make the final roster and those who should probably be sold or go on loan for a bit.  Then, in separate posts, I will give more details om the goalies/defence, midfield and attack.

I think 25 is a good number.  If 25 is enough a squad size for a premier league team, it is for us.  Thus we have a few too many players right now.  If we make a cut at 25 I would like to see the following players make it (sorted by the position where they in my view are most likely to play):
Goalies:
Alvbåge
Nurme
Rosendahl

Defenders:
Anttonen
Almebäck
Wikström
Wowoah
Haginge
P. Johansson
Wirtanen
Lumbana

Midfielders:
Kihlberg
Bedoya
Gerzic
Nilsson
Berger
Nordback

Strikers:
Astvald
Haddad
Rama
Atashkadeh
Lushtaku
Yasin
Staaf
Ibrahim


This is what I think we should do with the rest:

O Johansson - for sure he will find his form with the youngsters in division II (fourth tier in the Swedish system).  May well get in to the squad after summer but right now he needs games after a long period of injuries.  But we should invest in him, a big talent and a local boy.

Abdulahi - not sure where this guy will end up, but it is clear he is not for the moment close to being a starting player.  He could play both in the defence and in the midfield, but many of our players can.  Six midfielders in the squad may not sound like a lot but with three defenders that are probably better alternatives than Abdulahi (Haginge, Johansson and Wirtanen) I'm afraid this Finnish U-21 international is superflous in our squad.  If that is the case, I think we should look for a new employer for him.  First hand a transfer, second hand a loan.

Skoglund - seems clear he has no future in the club.  Need to find a new club for him asap.  He has been training with Karlstad BK, that shows that this is not a player that matches our ambitions.

Leonidsson - I like the guy.  And I was going back and forth between him and Ibrahim before finally suggesting he is left outside the 25-man squad.  But I think he needs to play a lot more games - just a bit worried that playing with the youngesters is not a high enough level for him.  Best would be to find a Superettan club that he can play with, but the guy is still going to school so that may be tough.  And I don't think it would be a good signal to ship him back to BK Forward.  Maybe best solution to let him practice with the A squad but play with the youngsters?

Holmberg - now this is a big talent that should hopefully build a bit of muscle and be the player the youngsters build their team around this year.  Important to make him ready for the A squad for next season.

Malic - Have no opinon really.  Probably best to let him play with the youngsters too, then we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment